lil-bee: the randomizer


Blogger Comment Tags for Classic Template
Monday, August 13, 2012 | 8:26 am | Comment ⇢
Hey guys,

So as you know, I've had a lot of trouble with sorting out commenting on Blogger since I use the Classic Template and custom HTML edits. While the comment tags for the new blogger (with the widgets, etc) can be easily found online, I had trouble finding the codes needed for the HTML used in Classic Templates. I've already C&P-ed the code I found on a site to make the Disqus commenting system to work on the classic template, but since Disqus broke due to Google's Country Redirection update (bare rantage, look at previous posts), I reverted back to Blogger's native commenting system .. but had to search around and make sense of the limited answers to make the code/tag work on the Classic Template. Now obviously I'm a bit of a HTML addict so I could spend time hacking and changing this and that to make it work, but I know a lot of people would just get frustrated and give up so I thought I'd just C&P my comment code here. Hope it helps!


1. Make sure you have comments enabled in your settings. Check your blogger dashboard!

2. Copy and paste the following code where you want your comments to show up. This is typically AFTER the <$BlogItemBody$> code so you'll have a Comment link after your post. Make sure to have it BEFORE the </Blogger> code. Basically between <$BlogItemBody$> & </Blogger> codes.










On Monday, September 24, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

⇢ Thanks SO MUCH for this!


On Wednesday, December 05, 2012, Blogger C h o c r o s e ! ♕ wrote:

⇢ You. Are. A. GENIUS!! *O*


On Wednesday, December 05, 2012, Blogger lil-bee wrote:

⇢ Glad it helped :)


On Saturday, August 24, 2013, Blogger Kathleen E. Lochhead wrote:

⇢ I'd been looking for a simple way for comments to be enabled. This worked perfectly. Thank you for sharing.


On Saturday, September 07, 2013, Blogger lil-bee wrote:

⇢ No problem Kathleen, glad it helped! :)


On Monday, September 30, 2013, Blogger kanochromia wrote:

⇢ Thank you so much! :)


On Monday, January 06, 2014, Blogger Dee wrote:

⇢ THANK YOUU!! :*


Post a Comment


old | new